- Do not use logos or trademarks you don’t own or have authorization to use.
- No photographs of people.
- No phone numbers, emails, URLs, Snapcodes, download instructions, social media usernames, or personal information.
- No hashtags.
- No lotteries.
- No more than two lines of non-stylized text.
- No drug-related content.
- Be creative and make it visually compelling. Make something that Snapchat users will want to send to their friends.
- Geofilters are about sharing a location, event, fun effect, or idea and should be something that Snapchat users will want to send to their friends.
- Don't cover up too much of the screen.
- Make sure it's relevant to the location.
- Social platform logos are not permitted.
- Any personal or business Geofilter with political content must include "Geofilter paid for by [insert name of purchaser]" in 40 pixel height and with a shadow background on that text. Examples of political content include political issue advocacy, or promotion of certain political parties and candidates.
- For additional content restrictions and guidance please see our Advertising Policies and Community Guidelines.
Files should be 1080px wide by 1920px high. Use the purchase tool preview page to see how it will look on different devices.
- Files should be under 300KB in size and saved as a .PNG file with a transparent background.
- If your Geofilter is rejected by Snapchat we’ll do our best to provide you a reason as to why it was rejected. You can make adjustments and resubmit your filter as a new order.
- Name your Geofilter something you will remember - that way it will be easier to understand your results.
You must have the necessary rights and permissions to include any business names, marks, logos, or trademarks in a Geofilter.
- If you are submitting a Geofilter for a business your Geofilter must include a business name.
- Please keep in mind Snapchat may display your business name, as entered by you, to let Snapchat users know that your business provided the Geofilter. Please go here for more info.
For additional tips, or to report an On-Demand Geofilter that does not follow our Community Guidelines, please see our Support Site.